MRS. GEURIN'S CLASS

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thanksgiving & Winter Party

Parents and family,
I am so sorry for the blog delay. It's been a crazy few months. I have been extremely busy with school activities and taking care of family members. I hope you all had wonderful holidays and survived the snow storm. I know your kiddos loved being in the snow. I heard lots of stories these last few days and watched the kids write about them too in their journals. I feel like the kids have grown so much since the break began both physically and academically. They have and are learning so much. I am so proud of them and their hard work!! I thought I would post some photos of activities and parties we had for the holidays. I love sharing the experiences we had school with others so I hope you enjoy them as we did!!!

BTW, Happy New Year!!! I am looking forward to a new year with your kids. I truly love them and know we will have a awesome 3rd and 4th nine weeks together. I will try to get back on track with my blogging and keeping you updated with snack dates, upcoming events, and etc. Thank you again for trusting in me to teach your child. It is an honor.

Pictures:


All kindergarten classes at our Thanksgiving program in the Dining Room


Up close picture of my students!! They did such a great job!


Thanksgiving sign for the Thanksgiving Feast. Thank you for those that stayed to eat with your child. It was a memorable experience!!


This is our big turkey we put together and wrote what we were thankful for. I loved hearing all the different things the children said. They have such big hearts!! The kids loved making the turkey disguise too! Wow! How creative are these kids?!? It was fun looking at these each day during November.



Well..for our winter bulletin board, we did a tree activity. We were learning about measurement so this worked out perfectly! I found this on Pinterest and knew it would turn out cute! Good job kids!


We also learned about reindeer during December and wrote about what we would do if we had a reindeer. The kids wrote some pretty interesting things from petting it, feeding it, riding it, taking care of it, dress it up, etc.


We loved making our Xmas gifts for our parents. What a fun time we had!! They do so much for us and this was a little token of appreciation. We gave this to them at our Winter party. :)

Here are some of the activities we did at our Winter party.. It was tree themed. Thanks Lori Chapman for all of your ideas and organization. It was a success!!








Ohh and the next day was Lay Me Down to Read. We read books, watched The Polar Express and drank hot chocolate in our pajamas. What a fun day!





This started our break off right!

Thanks again parents for all the christmas gifts you gave me. I was overwhelmed with your generosity. I have the best parents in the world!!! It's because of you that all this is possible.

Talk to you next week. Enjoy your weekend.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment