MRS. GEURIN'S CLASS

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Short week, yet very busyyy

It was a short week with the kids but felt very long. We did a lot and never stopped going!

The kids were out of school on Monday due to parent teacher conferences. I really enjoyed meeting with all of my students' parents. They are all so wonderful! I couldn't have asked for such a good group of parents this year. Thanks for all your dedication and willingness to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to meet with me.

A few weeks ago, Greg Dee came to Roberts and did a weather lesson with our kinders. Afterwards, he filmed all the classes saying "Good morning, Greg. What's the weather like today?" They were televised this week on Ch4 in the morning at 6:14 and 6:44!!

Here is a picture of what they looked like on the tv screen.




When the kids go to pull outs each week, the students get an opportunity to try their best to earn student of the week. Marley and William got it this week in PE! Woohoo! Go y'all!!!




It was also red ribbon week. Each day the kids were encouraged to wear something different representing their support to no drugs and bullying. They wore a ribbon in addition that said: "I believe in me. I'm drug free." My favorite day was Wednesday when we dressed in boots and western wear. It's saying was "I give drugs the boot." Check out some of the kids attire. Loved it!!







In math, we learned about numbers 11-19. I introduced ten frames to them and a new game called Ten Frame Match. The kids really liked this. Here are some kids playing it during our math work time.




Thursday night was our Literacy and Math Fall Carnival. We had such a great turn out. Thanks parents for bringing your kids and being involved!! I took some pics of our kindergarten flex space before the kids and parents got there for everyone to see how awesome it looked!!! Thanks to all of our room moms and other parents who volunteered to help with decorating. You all did a GREAT JOB! :) :) :)










- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment